My Haul for Today pt 5(on BW) / A talk About Fansubbing and the Anime Industry

Before I get into the pictures of the things I've bought over the last 6 months, I really want to tell you something that was said to me recently.

I was out with one of my friends, he is someone who is also an anime enthusiast. Well we were talking about releases coming out and what I want to buy and what I am enjoying that's airing in Japan right now. I don't hang out with him all the time (because of my college and his work) so we end up talking about alot of crap.

Anyways I was talking about how awesome Angel Beats is and that I want to buy the Mnemosyne Bluray set when it's released. Well what does he say... "You're a hypocrite man." Soo I say, "What do you mean?" He replies, "Well you are always saying that we need to support the industry yet you watch fansubs."

Ok this is true I DO in fact tell everyone that they need to buy shows they like. Yes I do watch fansubs. For me fansubs have always been a source that ultimately leads me to buying shows I ENJOY. Sure I don't buy all the shows I download, but without me having seen the fansubs first I would have never bought shows such as; Lucky Star, Haruhi, Negima!?, Higurashi etc etc. You get the point.

So before you label me a hypocrite, why don't you look at the stuff I have BOUGHT in the last 6 months.
To see click read more |
                               V