
I know I haven't exactly been very active posting here for a while.. So I thought I'd just throw down some things that've been on my mind.
I'll start with upcoming anime titles. Onion already did the new Imaishi title, Panty&Stocking, so I'll leave that one. I know since Iron Man was announced everyone's been anticipating it and flipping out over it, and though I enjoyed the Iron Man live-action movies, I haven't ever really been into Iron Man or really Marvel to begin with (Okay, I was super into the X-Men when I was a lot younger, but that's really been it). I thought I would check out the Iron Man/other MarvelXMadhouse titles, just to see how the western collaborations turned out. Not really because I expected to genuinely enjoy the series', or even because Madhouse was producing them (Which though I never really thought highly of Madhouse, it's turning into one of my top studios). However that all changed the other day when I for whatever reason found myself reading the Iron Man series page on ANN, and I happened to notice that Yuzo Sato is down for the director. I don't know how I missed this news, but this is incredible! Knowing he's behind this series solidifies it on my to-watch list. I'm finally anticipating the Iron Man series, not because it's marvelXanime; but because it's the new Yuzo Sato title.
Also I'm really looking forward to that Kuragehime noitaminA series that's coming out this fall. Because yeah, it's noitamina so it'll probably be somewhat unconventional and genuinely entertaining, but also because it's by Takahiro Omori, who's the director of Baccano and Koi Kaze (wait a second, were those two shows really directed by the same guy? I'll give you a minute to let that sink in...). But getting beyond the director, it also sounds like a pretty cool premise. It's gonna be about fujoshi and otaku and whatnot, and I'm a sucker for meta-anime, so count me as interested.
I've got a hint of interest in Togainu no Chi. Being done by A-1 Pictures which could be cool. But the underworld-themed plot, with crime and gangs and whatnot is what's drawing me to it. Hopefully it doesn't become too much of a BL fujoshi-bait title. However looking at the PV, even if it is heavy on the BL, the underworld-themed plot should still be enough to keep me interested.
Lastly for fall shows that I care enough about to mention is Star Driver. Bones doing a new mecha. I'm pretty hit or miss with Bones, I love some of their things, but dislike a lot of their other stuff. So I guess this series could really go either way. However the bishounen transformation sequence in the PV has certainly killed a lot of my initial interest in the title.
Moving on from TV, I noticed the other day that Hirotsugu Kawasaki, the director of Spriggan, has a new movie coming out titled Onigamiden. It's apparently gonna be about samurai who slay demons or something 1200 years in the past. Yeah it's pretty generic, but when it's the director of Spriggan, that's definitely got me interested.
Aside from all that, there's a handful of new anime titles coming out that I'm crazily anticipating. Gothicmade, Cencoroll 2, Redline and Despera off the top of my head are four titles that give me a ton of hope for the future of "the anime industry," and have my eagerly anticipating the future.
Now for some cool videos. Definitely check this out, as well as the persons other videos. And check out this one. It's kinda abstract, more a showcasing of ability. But it's totally worth watching.
I haven't been watching much anime lately.. But I'm trying to fix that and start watching more of these crazy Japanese cartoons.
ps Titanic II is worth watching.